IsoTool Safety by design
IsoTool safety is Integral’s priority that ensures our technology, procedures, and attitude to safety are all directed to one goal: protecting and enhancing our client’s assets. To this aim numerous considerations and implementations have gone into the design, manufacturing and verification of the IsoTools.
- All IsoTools are shop tested to 200% claimed holding capacity for a 2-1 safety margin.
- Independent 3rd party verification of the IsoTool’s holding power and no internal damage to the pipe wall
- Over 1000 documented shop tests
- Electro-mechanical drive system – no hydraulics to fail
- Positive locking design utilizes differential pressure to add to the tool’s holding ability
- Dual power/communication cables between modules
- System Controllers can be LOTO for client assurance tools will not be operated while open pipe activities proceed.
- Single token key method ensures no unintended command is sent to the tools
- Emergency unset can be activated by applying negative differential across the tool.